• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ambiguous last day

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

srinivas

I am/was an employee of a contracting firm and I had signed that "the employee agrees to give a minimum of one month's notice" prior to terminating the job with the corporation. Thereafter the corporation split and I stayed with same partner who had signed my agreement before the split. I did not sign any document with the new split company which by the way retained old company's name.

The acctual problem: My company contacted me by phone and said my project will be over in 10 days at a client site which I agree, she also claims she told that my company will not pay me any money thereafter, I disagree that she told me. I did not receive any kind of written comunication nor a termination letter.

Q) Is the contract which I signed with the primary company still
valid? If so will the month notice apply to both the parties?

Q) When I ask for the termination letter and if the date is the last working day at the client site, will I lose any Unemployment benefits since I have not yet filed?

My employer knew my contract at the client site was to expire and will not be renewed, 3 months earlier to my project getting over and obviously did not have any intentions of retaining me after my project was over. I have been a loyal employee for more than 5 years. Is the employer in violation of anything? What should I do?

Thanks in advance for the suggestion.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">