• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ameriquest Mortgage Company, Do I have a Suit??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BAngelico

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CONNECTICUT

Can anyone tell we some advice on that they think I might be looking at here, I understand its only your opinnion and not real leagal advise.

Wrongful Termination
I worked for Ameriquest Mortgage Company from Aug. 19th 2004 to about a week ago when I was let for reasons of putting 8:30 on my time card the week prior and coming in at 9AM that day. First of all we fill our time cards out a week in advance so its hard to pin point somtimes but this is not the reason they fired me, my manager was just looking for an excuse because she down right hated me and everyone in the building knew it. (I have proof and can get letters from every employee in there) Funny how a guy that gets hired and works for a company for only 7 months and becomes in 2nd top producer for the branch of people who have been there for years can be fired for this.

Defimation of Character
Now I have people I usto work with calling me and telling me they heard I got fired for frauding papers! NOT TRUE. NEVER IN MY LIFE !

Sexual Harrassment
About 3-4 months ago I came back from training in Chicago and every week there was a verious things drawn all over my desk and boards. One day even a penis was drawn on my monitor screen, yes believe it or not and took up the whole screen. (I went and got a disposable camera and pictured it)

I wanted to place a suit for:

Wrongful Termination
Defimation of Character
Sexual Harrassment

And I wanted to expose them for all of the shadiness that company does on a daily basis.

There is much more to everything but that is just an Idea, I have proof on everything I said and on the sexual harrasment case I have emails from my manager when I told her about it of her telling me more or less oh, well. I called HR and all they said was they will investigate it, soon after my HR rep gets fired and the case is droped.

Let me know what anyone thinks!!! Thanks Allot!

I'm currently looking for a lawyer that can handle this with no out of pocket cost to me.

enjay

I wanted to place a suit for:

Wrongful Termination
Defimation of Character
Sexual Harrassment
Wrongful Termination - no case. You can be fired simply because the manager didn't like you, unless the reason for the dislike was race, religion, etc.

Defamation of Character - if people are being told you were fired for falsifying your timecard by 30 minutes, well, that's true and therefore not defamation.

Sexual Harassment - for a once time incident several months ago that wasn't repeated? Sorry, nope.

BAngelico

They are telling people I Frauded Loan Papers not my time card. And 2nd of all I never frauded my time card because we made them out a week prior and I was fired before I had the chance to amend it a week later.

As far as the sexual harrassment case, It happen for a week straight every day

Beth3

First of all we fill our time cards out a week in advance so its hard to pin point somtimes Why on earth do you fill out your time card a week in advance? The purpose of having a time card is to keep an accurate record of the hours employees actually work. That can hardly be done if timecards are filled out in advance.

but this is not the reason they fired me, my manager was just looking for an excuse because she down right hated me and everyone in the building knew it. Okay. But if your time card said you started work at 8:30 and you didn't start work until 9:00, you handed her a reason on a silver platter.

Now I have people I usto work with calling me and telling me they heard I got fired for frauding papers! NOT TRUE. NEVER IN MY LIFE ! But you did. Your wrote false information down on your time card regarding the hours you worked. It's called timecard fraud.

Wrongful Termination You were not wrongfully terminated.

Defimation of Character You have no basis to pursue a civil claim for this. Among other things, the rumors are, on the whole, accurate.

Sexual Harrassment If the incidents stopped after you reported them, then the matter was resolved and the company's obligation was met.

I'm currently looking for a lawyer that can handle this with no out of pocket cost to me. Good luck with that. (a) Lawyers have to eat too, and (b) I don't see that you have any basis to pursue any kind of legal claim.

By the way, when you're thinking of taking legal action it's not very wise to include the name of the organization in your public posts. How quickly do you imagine your former employer or their lawyers could find your post and find out exactly what you're thinking and how non-existant a claim you have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">