• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annual Salary Contract (need input)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tacogb

What is the name of your state?Wisconsin

Info,
I have a yearly salary contract. Signed by owner and I
stating hours expected to work per wk 40-55 and stated yearly salary. A job title "MANAGER", (The TacoMaker) basically all it states.

Question,
I'm having surgery Friday next wk. Owner stated, will not pay for the week off to recover.
This is a un-scheduled surgery, my doc simply said it is life threatning and must be done.
I need the pay and don't understand how they can not pay for this week off when in fact the computer will not accept this (because of yearly salary) and setup to pay automatically.

I bring much of my work home, weekly schedules, hiring, applicants, etc and feel that I should be paid for this wk off because I had no control of it happening to me.

If the owner was in a car accident I would work 110 hours a week and still get the same pay.
So why am I not entitled to my yearly salary? As contracted. (bi-weekly)

Hope this is clear enough for reply. Thanks DB

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here can interpret a contract they have not read. You will have to show it to an attorney in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">