• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

anonymous letter - libel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paulinemm74

someone in my office sent an anonymous letter to the president of the company stating that I was intoxicated at work. This is an untrue statement and there are many people at work that would testify to that if needed. Can my employer take any action based on an anonymous letter?

crager34

your 15 minutes

Not sure about the legal aspect of this, so I hope someone will answer your question, but I don't think they can take action, cause it is unfounded. The bad part is now you are being watched. Even if it can be proven, beyond doubt, that you were not drunk, bad attention has been brought to you. If nothing else happens for awhile, it will pass, but it's gonna be a bit tense around there for awhile.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">