• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another getting fired about court date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

China

What is the name of your state? CT just started a new job and at the time of hiring explained i would have a few court dates comming up and would notify them as soon as i recd dates april 10th first one they hired me noproblem went to court 4-10 also had car break down one morning and was late informed them second date 5-21 one person said far enough away nop problem the other one said no way will anyone accept that and i might as well leave now. is there something i can do about this i was told my work performance ws good and happy to have me in the companys employ but ???? ALso i worked thru lunches to make up for being late with my car breaking down and was only 35 minutes late because of itWhat is the name of your state?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? CT just started a new job and at the time of hiring explained i would have a few court dates comming up and would notify them as soon as i recd dates april 10th first one they hired me noproblem went to court 4-10 also had car break down one morning and was late informed them second date 5-21 one person said far enough away nop problem the other one said no way will anyone accept that and i might as well leave now. is there something i can do about this i was told my work performance ws good and happy to have me in the companys employ but ???? ALso i worked thru lunches to make up for being late with my car breaking down and was only 35 minutes late because of itWhat is the name of your state?
You can start looking for another job. Nothing that you have described is illegal.

Betty

Even if your work performance was good they could still terminate you for being late & for your absences. They can terminate you for any reason at any time as long as the reason is not prohibited/protected by law such as age, religion, sex, etc. You could also have quit at any time for any reason - works both ways. Ct. is an at-will employment state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">