• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frani810

What is the name of your state? work in NJ, live in PA

A couple other things that are in progress:

Does my employer have the right to "investigate" me as far as my email/internet usage outside of the workplace. I am highly suspicious that there are things going on with me from the circumstances that have developed over the last several weeks. Although I understand their security concerns with the network, how far can they go before they cross the line into someone's personal business (even inclusive of home use).

I have been placed under corporate settings on my pc at work based on some legitimate reasons that have only recently been put into policy, such as downloading software not authorized by the company, unknowingly contracting virus/spyware. However, I am suspicious that this cannot possibly be serious and the only reason for placing me under such high security settings. Everyone around me has the full use of a full pc, playing internet games, radio, surfing the net, etc. I am suspicious that my company is withholding information from me. Whenever I ask, I am being told that they are doing this to "everybody." But, life is going on as normal for "everybody." How can I find out what they are monitoring on me and how they are going about it?

(This is an awful time. My company and especially my boss have all turned into police. I am very incriminated. I understand the company is having issues with security and their information system, but they claim they do not have to tell anybody what they are doing and when they are doing it. I cannot help but think that they do not want people to work with them, but they are creating an environment to set people up and punish them with disciplinary actions with no fair warning at all. It is my opinion that if everyone was accustomed to having the full use of a pc, it would only be "fair practice" to forewarn people what security measures are being taken so that people could clean out what they have.)

I got caught up in this without warning, just heresay that the IS department was making changes. I am highly suspicious of what is going on behind the scenes with me, and I am confident that conspiracy is taking place. My boss is citing me on violating all kinds of things, for example, the fmloa abuse, personal phone calls. I have scrutinized all the policies. I am not abusing fmloa sick time, as a matter of fact I have been trying not to use the sick time by making up my work hours. The company does not like people to use sick time (but, now my boss is telling me to use the sick time and not make up my work time????) I am not excessively using the company phone, going over any time limits and incurring any charges. The company does not prohibit the use of the phones and recognizes that people need to use a phone. This examples just reinforce my idea that my boss is harassing me and policing me.

So, how do you prove conspiracy besides experiencing it's effects? How far can the company pursue me before they cross the line of going beyond the company doors and into my private life?

This is very serious to me, and as an understatement I am very much in fear and threat. I was very shaken up all week from my "investigation" appointment with the company doctors so much to the point that I was so preoccupied that I had a small car accident. My boss does not trust me. I have known that all through the years, and it was finally brought out into the open very recently. He handles me like a criminal in handcuffs, but yet, speaks in very familiar language to his "family." I can guarantee you that his "family" know exactly what is going on with me, and feed him all kinds of things. We are in a downsizing mode, and my boss is a hatchettman, who lives and breathes for the dollar and works in an extremely unconscionable fashion. His "family" is well taken care of as they are his protectors. HIPAA regulations are a big part also as this is a hospital, but how far can they take that?

I need proof of everything. I need to know how far they can go legitimately or illegitimitally.

Please help!

Last edited:

Beth3

Does my employer have the right to "investigate" me as far as my email/internet usage outside of the workplace. Your employer has complete access to any emails you send, receive, or view using the employer's computer systems.

Whenever I ask, I am being told that they are doing this to "everybody." But, life is going on as normal for "everybody." How can I find out what they are monitoring on me and how they are going about it? You can't. Nor does it mean other employees' usage isn't being monitored just because you don't see any visible signs of it.

So, how do you prove conspiracy besides experiencing it's effects? "Conspiracy" isn't automatically illegal. It can become illegal depending on why it is being done although conspiracy is a criminal matter - it's not at issue in an employment law situation. If your employer is "conspiring" to terminate you because of your race (for example), then that would be prohibited discrimination and a wrongful termination, not an act of illegal conspiracy.

How far can the company pursue me before they cross the line of going beyond the company doors and into my private life? Again, your company is free to monitor your use of your employer's communication systems - email, internet, telephones, etc.

rmet4nzkx

Fran,
You have been posting here about your situation since 12-2002 if any of those have been made on your company computer, your employer has access to all that information. The writing is on the wall and has been for a long time and you have failed to read it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">