• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In any danger"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BTM123

What is the name of your state? PA

I work in an administrative position and have been recently reduced from full-time to part-time status(20 hours). I believe that I might be asked to work another type of position(after the 20 hours are worked each week) in order to prevent me from collecting partial unemployment.
(To attempt to fire me and/or force me to quit.)

Regarding a suitable job: I currently handle administrative, office only type, work. I believe that I may be asked to do surveillance (as in following people in a company who are believed to be committing adultery, filming them, going undercover, etc.) for the detective agency that I work for. Well over a year ago I was told that I had to accompany our agents as they did surveillance so I could be "prepared" in case I was ever needed to do that type of work. I then did ride along with some agents that did that work, however I have never done that on my own. I have only ever had office type positions and do not have a license or any work experience in this regard.

So, with the above detail, do you think that the above request would be considered suitable work?

If one generally works weekday hours, are any work hours requested outside of that seen as acceptable?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It doesn't matter whether we think it's suitable work or not.

It only matters what an adjudicator from the PA unemployment commission thinks.

BTM123

Obviously

it matters what the UC people may decide someday (if it ever comes to that)

I have posted my situation in order to see if anyone has had a somewhat similar situation, or can offer any advice.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My point is that you could collect sixty-two different opinions here, but if our opinions differed from that of the adjudicator, our opinions and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee; it won't change the status of your claim.

All you can do is file your claim and see what happens.

BTM123

Obviously - (Worth The Effort)

cbg - I do understand the intent of your advice, but I would ask you to consider the below:

I have recently come across two people (in other arena's) who have offered worthwhile advice in that regard. Having never asked for the experiences of others I would not have gained that knowledge. I will continue to ask people for their advice (because I have the time to do it) then make a decision - after which I will see what happens. Thoroughness.

It is always worthwhile to ask for the opinions and experiences of others in any situation in life. (Whether or not those experiences help you.)

Your logic leaves out the possibility that the opinions of others might 'help' me in preceding. So, while I do agree that others opinions might not help, then again they could. Why not ask?...then see what happens.

I would recommend never underestimating the possible worth of any information, rather then preceding without first learning what you are able to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">