• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any rights for the ex-employee??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randimo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I NEED HELP! ive just been terminated...(which im at fault). BUT, ive heard numerous rumors after i've been gone that could have only came from the head of the department. im being told things that i havent told ANYONE, but only the Supervisor knows (and whomoever he/shes told). NOW ..this is the thing. the people telling me are still employees of the company and are saying the Trainer (Whose under the Supervisor in authority) is the one who told them. THEM, meaning more than one person. Now, as a former employee , i dont believe my ex-Supervisor knows this is going on. NOW my question is....DO I HAVE ANY RIGHTS AS AN EX-EMPLOYEE?? Can i complain... and to whom? HELP ME PLEASE...

FHL
Feeling Helpless in Illinois

commentator

Complain? To whom, about what? You leave. You file for your unemployment benefits immediately. The rumor mills at this job are no longer a concern for you. "He says, she says, they told somebody it had...." those things are related to the employer, and you are not any longer a part of this company. So no, as to what is said about your termination, you don't have a lot of rights here. What you should do is stop listening to people who still work there gossiping.

If they had good cause to fire you, you may not be approved for unemployment, but do file anyway. It will set up a claim which you may be able to draw out later in the year. It will help cement the reason for your termination that is going to be given out.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I NEED HELP! ive just been terminated...(which im at fault). BUT, ive heard numerous rumors after i've been gone that could have only came from the head of the department. im being told things that i havent told ANYONE, but only the Supervisor knows (and whomoever he/shes told). NOW ..this is the thing. the people telling me are still employees of the company and are saying the Trainer (Whose under the Supervisor in authority) is the one who told them. THEM, meaning more than one person. Now, as a former employee , i dont believe my ex-Supervisor knows this is going on. NOW my question is....DO I HAVE ANY RIGHTS AS AN EX-EMPLOYEE?? Can i complain... and to whom? HELP ME PLEASE...

FHL
Feeling Helpless in Illinois

Who is telling whom what:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">