• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

applying after adjudication withheld-affidavit of moral character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ezy1ryder

What is the name of your state? FL

I am applying for a job as an adjunct professor at a college. i have to sign an affidavit of good moral character. in my younger years, i went through pre-trial diversion (adjudication withheld) for a felony theft and successfully completed the program, resulting in the dismissal of my case. felony theft is one of the statutes on the affidavit, and i am unsure as to how i should approach signing it. i will already have told them about the adjudication withheld on the application, but not specifically relating to the statute. it seems that the affidavit only pertains to persons found guilty or pleading no contest, but i want to be sure.

i am the only applicant for this job in a position that was created for me, so i don't want to unnecessarily stir up waters, but also don't want to get into any issues that may arise from a background check.

if you have any thoughts, it would be most appreciated, thanks, william

CO19

ezy1ryder said:
What is the name of your state? FL

I am applying for a job as an adjunct professor at a college. i have to sign an affidavit of good moral character. in my younger years, i went through pre-trial diversion (adjudication withheld) for a felony theft and successfully completed the program, resulting in the dismissal of my case. felony theft is one of the statutes on the affidavit, and i am unsure as to how i should approach signing it. i will already have told them about the adjudication withheld on the application, but not specifically relating to the statute. it seems that the affidavit only pertains to persons found guilty or pleading no contest, but i want to be sure. i am the only applicant for this job in a position that was created for me, so i don't want to unnecessarily stir up waters, but also don't want to get into any issues that may arise from a background check. if you have any thoughts, it would be most appreciated, thanks, william
Adjudication Withheld is NOT considered a conviction in FL. If application asks you to provide all previous convictions, you will answer NO if this is only criminal matter.

On the other hand, if you are required to obtain a state license, they will typically check by fingerprint and incident will show up anyways, so depending on wording of criminal history questions, whether or not position requires state licensing, you may have to reveal, but won't necessarily disqualify you (depends on discretion of licensing Board, so should ask them). Pay attention to the "wording" of questions regarding criminal history.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">