• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arbitration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pr144

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? yes I am in NYC, they are in MI.

I got a bad year end review on 12/19 which means that the billable hours billed to the client are "non-bonusable" to me. I am not getting my quarterly bonus.

They want me to sign the review, which is ridiculous. Light on facts.

My employment contract specifies arbitration for disputes. If I sign the review to make people happy now, then decide within the "statue of limitations" to file an arbitration claim, will I have a case? Right now I believe I have a very good case.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As far as the law is concerned, no. Not if you mean, will you have legal recourse against your employer under any law. The law does not dictate to an employer when they may and may not deny a bonus. It is entirely up to the bonus agreement.

We cannot read your contract from here. We have no way of knowing what recourse you may have under your contract. You will need to show the contract to an attorney.

Signing or not signing the review does not give you any benefit either way. In fact, not signing it can be considered insubordination, which is a termination offense. Signing it does not mean that you agree with it; it means you have been advised of management's view on the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">