• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asked to resign for not performing illegal activity.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hairynate

I am a financial advisor working for a securities affiliate of a major U.S. bank. Recently, I was asked by a branch manager to perform illegal activities (pertaining to bank customer financial privacy). When I repeatedly declined to use the information in order to get investment dollars into the banking center, I feel that she gave my superior a bad evaluation. Within two weeks, I was given the option of being terminated or resigning. My superior, not a bank employee, told me that I should resign in order to make my record look better. I feel that I had performed all of my duties well. Do I have any basis for taking this to the courts? I'll post any new information regarding my incident if anybody has any questions. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">