• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asking about ones sexuality in an interview

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

portbearmike

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

Good afternoon,

The other night I was having a conversation with a customer in the establishment I work at ....The young man informed me he had been interviewing lately and was asked on two seperate occassions during interviews with two different potential employers to obtain a position as a waiter....."are you Gay or bisexual?"
I was shocked and appauled to hear this ....I am actually angered that someone had the nerve to ask something so personal in an interview, especially a question that does not apply to the ability of a job.
Folks , what are your opinions in this .

thanks for your time,

portbearmike

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The question is utterly inappropriate and the individual who asked it displayed a shocking amount of unprofessionalism.

However, at least in the state of Pennsylvania, it is not an illegal question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">