• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assaulted at Work by Co-Worker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Beth3

Nobody would have any idea what your chances are of winning. I imagine it depends largely on who the judge finds more credible, plus any evidence presented at the hearing, e.g. your medical report from the hospital detailing your injuries and him not having a mark on him.

No one can predict what the judge will decide.

commentator

In most states not, because the incident/injury for which you went to the hospital was outside your normal duties at work and you were not hurt in the performance of those duties, but honestly, in New Jersey, I'd probably consider filing a worker's comp action. They're fairly liberal with the employee in most cases. They may tell you "no" and deny it, but it might make things look better for you. Your co-worker, on the other hand, had no injuries, no trip to the hospital, and that's just one thing that might make you look much more believable. Since it's distinctly a "he said/he said" with no witnesses and no way to prove what happened deal, they may not do anything to either one of you.

Are you continuing to work together? Have you returned to work? Where is your employer in this whole situation?

commentator

Right on, e, I thought this one sounded a little familiar! OP, you may not have hit your co worker, but you've certainly beaten this subject to death, were you trying for a different answer or just trying out your "I''m blameless!" story before court? In any case, good luck with it.

Last edited:

eerelations

OP appears to have become unhinged over this issue, he's not only posting all over this site, he has started bombarding at least one other site as well.

someone123

OP appears to have become unhinged over this issue, he's not only posting all over this site, he has started bombarding at least one other site as well.
Why are you getting all out of shape because I'm posting again? First of all, this new thread is for advice on my case and what I can do in court. It has all the details of what took place. I'm not asking what I can do to get my job back, like the first post I made. Some of you need to relax.

ecmst12

You can (and should) post any additional questions about this situation in your original thread. The others are going to be deleted as duplicates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">