• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(To) Assume..one of The Most Dangerous words in the English Language

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rachellew2

What is the name of your state?
California

Live-in Senior Support Service professional facing Eviction..w/o compensatin promised.

Wasn't sure Where I should put this query...as a live-in worker...housing and/or wage issues go hand in hand.

I was just informed that I was to be evicted tomorrow....in addition they refuse to remit the promised compensation...I have a signed/notarized letter of agreement stating their willingness to provide housing until it is no longer needed as well as ensuring a Long Term Personal Loan..both in lieu of a weekly salary.
Adult Protective Services was just called in to boot...since Client's Son, who has Power of Attorney, is dying of Alcoholic Cirrohsis...and sporting a lovely crayola yellow shade due to Jaundice....unkempt/bathed and still putting down a fifth of Vodka daily.
Needless to say...APS wasted no time jumping on the bandwagonl..resulting in the start of a real nice old fashed Witch Hunt ...Bonfire and all....Guilty Until Proven Innocent. and guess who's It??

I have done nothing wrong...my vitals/references are there if Anyone would just bother to ask..rather than Assume. I managed to get client out of a SNF after a Year and am quite respected for my dilgence.

My Main Concern:
Can Anyone ie: The Family, APS etc evict me...w/o notice and the compensation I was promised...basically leaving me Penniless and Homeless?

In addition...though there is no evidece of wrong-doing...and I am more than willing to provide excellent refs ...past and present (I was a live-in Nanny in S. Pasadena for 2 years prior to this)...
Can they continue to 'conjure up' scenarios that they claim to be true...and, w/o any proof...condemn me...simply because they have some sort of Power and I don't?????

I would really appreciate Any advice that would help me find my way Out of this Swampland....This is definitely Not the way this story should end...:(

Thanks much
Yours with Love, Light and Laughter

Ra

Last edited:

Beth3

I'm sorry but I'm not grasping what your situation is, other than you're going to be homeless tomorrow and have a son in very unfortunate shape.

Who do you work for? An individual/family? A social service agency? A private employer such as a rehabilitation center/home or the like? Why are they evicting you and what does that have to do with your son?

A clear narrative of the facts in sentence form, rather than a series of phrases, would help considerably in understanding what your situation is and what the legal issues are.

R

rachellew2

Originally posted by dequeendistress [/i]
Have you been served a one day eviction notice and what were your lease terms?

Ummm..One Day Notice??? I've Never heard of that!! I spoke to the OC Sheriff's Dept and the Anaheim PD, and both advised me that I would Have To Be Served First and Foremost...B4 Anyone does Anything.
I did read about the 3 day notice...but even that has Very Specific Terms.. none of which apply to me.....The Sheriff and APD both informed me that I Could Call Them if I was Being Harassed/ Threatened with eviction w/o anything Legal being served..that they would more than happy to come over and 'deal with them'!! :) that was a comforting thought for sure....

Nonetheless..I'm going to the local Legal Aid office 1st thing tomorrow morn...I want to be absolutely sure of What's What..I'm spending tonight organizing all relevant docs...as well as putting together a chart of Monies I saved the Estate as well as a Comparative Salary Chart...showing what various Professionals earn doing exactly what I did...singlehandedly.

In regards to your queston about 'Lease Terms'..it is very unusual for Live-in Workers to have a lease. However, we did draw up a Letter of Agreement ...Notarized etc....which states that 'I will be provided with room and board until I notify them otherwise.
In addition, there's a clause stating that I would receive a Personal Long Tem Loan so that I could start my own biz and take care of some pressing medical issues.

I went thru some serious physiological changes while working on this 'case'....it was above and beyond The Norm...which ain't all too pleasant in nature to begin with...suffice to say...the Power of Attny changed hands about 6 times! just for starters....
However, I kept my end of the bargain...I accomplished what I set out to do a year earlier...I brought her home ...safe and sound.

again thanks for all....)

with love, light and laughter
R

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">