• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attempted firing after resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robtrevino

I live in the state of Texas. I officialy resigned my position because of unsafe woking conditions and gave my two weeks notice. Two days later my former supervisor directed a newly appointed Jr. supervisor to fire me while he was away on a business trip for two days. I questioned this attempt and asked the new supervisor for a reason. He stated he did not know. He was just told to have me return to the office and turn in my company vehicle and equipment.
I immediately called the company human resource director and was told that they knew nothing about me getting fired and was directed to my supervisors boss. He did not know about the firing either.
If I would have been fired I would not have been able to apply for unemployment insurance or request my severance pay. I believe that the supervisor would have fired me any way because I was complaining about unsafe work conditions that were reported to OSHA.
The human resource wrote me a statement that stated that my only alternative was to resign my position and then request the severance package which I originally did.
After leaving the company, they now do not want to allow the severance because they said I voluntarily left the company.

Any advice would be appreciated...

L

lawrat

There is fraud, embezzlement and a lot of Federal and State employment laws that have been violated.

Save all correspondence, names and paperwork.

Get a labor lawyer immediately.

Try www.attorneypages.com or your state bar association lawyer referral service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">