• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ - Employer does not want to pay bonus.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rebeccak67

Wow, I hope someone can help me. This is a great resource.

I work for a property development company and I am paid salary + bonus. I started in January and was given a promotion around April. I am now leaving the company.

My original offer letter said I would be paid $5000 upon successful completion of my project. My new offer letter (in April) says I will be paid a set amount for everything that closes within 15 days and a set amount for everything that closes within 25 days. It does not say "upon successful completion" - it does not mention WHEN the bonus will be paid at all. My company is refusing to pay me my bonus when I leave because I did not complete the project. Does anyone know if I can legally have them pay me the money they owe me? It's probably around $5000.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!

longneck

i don't quite understand your situation. let me see if i have this right:

you were hired for position x with a certain salary and a project completion bonus of $5000.

you were then moved to position y that pays bonuses based on somethign that closes within 15 or 25 days. this is the part i really don't understand. what does "everything that closes" mean? sales that are closed from proposal date? or are you talking about cabinet doors?

also, was the project completed before you moved to the new position?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The bottom line is that it depends on the exact wording of the bonus agreement. You will have to have any documentation you have reviewed by a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">