• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Babysitting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alwayskala

What is the name of your state? SC
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it does involve quitting my job. I baby sat 2 kids (3 and 5) in my home for a summer job in order to save money for college this fall. I charge the parents $20 a day, a $10 late fee after 5:30pm, and $20 to keep them over night (which I find reasonable considering I have to supply them with food and pull-ups and sometimes keep them 2-3 days in a row). I am payed every 2 weeks. Their mom owed me $190 for one of the weeks because I kept them 5 nights and late that week along with the normal fee, but she couldn't pay me because she had to get her car fixed. I then kept them the next week before I had to go on vacation, and she owed me $150 adding up to a total of $340. She still couldn't pay me because she didn't get payed until the next week. So... I went on vacation, and I got back in time to keep them on a Tuesday. When she came to pick them up on Tuesday, I handed her a reciept of what she owed me, and she got mad. I explained to her that she is behind because she never paid me. She stomped out my door and said it was ridiculous and she wasn't going to pay it. I told her not to bring her kids back. Now she owes me $370. Can I take this to court? And if so, can I also sue her for not paying me when she said she would because she knew that I had to pay off ebay as soon as I came back in for vacation, and when I came back in, I couldn't pay for anything because she didn't pay me what she owed me. By her not paying me, it really hurt me in the long run...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">