• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Ground Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Exodus

What is the name of your state? Ca

Well I posted this in juvenile law but maybe it goes here.

Well I was arressted right before I turned 18 for posesion of pot went to court after I was 18. It was a misdamenor offense.

My question is I'm applying for a job and that hauting question have you ever been convicted of a felony or a misdamenor at the age of 18.

Would it be considered a juvenilel offense? I went to a juvenile court.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it does go here.

If you were under 18 and it was juvenile court, then I don't know why you would assume it were anything BUT a juvenile offense.

Whenever you are completing an application, you're safest if you answer all questions truthfully and literally. Answer exactly what it says. Don't assume it means anything other than the wording you see in front of you. For example, if it says, Have you EVER, and you have, say yes. Don't assume, like so many others who have asked this question here, that EVER means ten, or seven, years. EVER means EVER. Ten years means ten years. Since the age of 18 means since the age of 18.

You can't be accused of falsifiying an application if you tell the exact and literal truth.

Katy W.

I know nothing about criminal procedure, but I think anything is possible since your juvenile records can be expunged at 18. Call the police non-emergency number in your town and just tell them that you need the date of your drug conviction. They should have those records, and if they don't they can tell you who does.

Exodus

I went to court after I was 18 so the date would have been after.

Thats why I am unsure if it applies to my juvenile record or my adult record.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If there is ANY question whatsoever about how you should answer, err on the side of caution and tell the employer about it. They are FAR more likely to cut you some slack if you are honest about what happened than if you try to hide it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">