• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back wages & unpaid expenses in bk court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skovi

I live in AZ. The corporation I was working for filed Chapter 11 in Texas. They will file a motion on July 31 to convert Chap 11 to Chap 7 liquidation. Most of he 5700 employees have been laid off.
I have filed a B10 Proof of Claim to recover unpaid wages/ auto reimbursement/ mileage fees/ company expenses/ un-used accrued vacation. Support documentation was attached. Assuming the assets are there, 1)...where does an employee rank in priority when creditors are paid off? 2)...Are wages considered separately from my remainig claim for unpaid exp, etc? 3)...As an employee, can I claim everything the company owes me as "unsecured priority/ wages & commissions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">