• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

5kidsmom

Ohio...when an employer does a background check on a prospective employee, what do the results entail. Felonies only, or everything. Assault charges? DWI? Just wondering if expungement should be looked into?

BelizeBreeze

It depends on who does the check.

If it was someone I used to work for, they would know your 1st grade teacher and how many kids were in your class.

Normal background checks are for verifying employment, credit checks and criminal records.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are as many different answers to your question as there are employers.

Contrary to popular belief, all background checks are not created equal. When an employer does a background check, they look at the things that are important to them, which quite possibly would vary with the job. For example, I would not run an education check on the receptionist, but I would on the VP of Research and Development.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">