• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ShoelessJoe

What is the name of your state? New York

I was arrested in NY for possession of marijuana in July 97. I pleaded "no contest" and had the charges dropped one year later and the case was sealed. Do I have to let a prospective employer aware of this on the application when it asks "Have you ever pleaded guilty or no contest to a misdemeanor?".

ShoelessJoe said:
the arrest was expunged....
the record still exists so do not get in trouble any more. An expungement acts like the event never occured and as such does not have to be disclosed to regular civilian employment apps.....

dani1009

I don't know it sounds like a catch, if you say yes you could risk not getting the job if you say no same thing, I know people who have not been hired for claiming bankruptcy and poor credit is it worth lying and then trying to explain it later, I am not sure how far people dig into your background, I would just think about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">