• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background check by Headhunter to current employer...not official reference check.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pv3543

i interviewed direct for a position, not knowing there was a head hunter involved. my current employer wanted me to confide in him whenever i interviewed so that he could "help" me. he was livid with me this morning after he received a phone call from this head hunter about this job. while he was getting mad at me over the phone, he said that this head hunter knew him personally and asked him if he knew i was looking for this job. my boss said he knew nothing about it and the head hunter hung up. i felt i was a strong candidate vying for this position and i believe my boss has jepordized any chances of me getting this job. did the head hunter breech any confidentiality clauses by talking to my superivsor on a personal level? does my supervisor have any right to be this mad at me, saying i have betrayed his trust, by going to a job interview without his knowledge? and does he have the right to talk to me in this matter and feel that he has to be involved in my quest for another position? can there be legal action with regard to any of these questions? can his attitude and tone with me justify harassment, especially since he has continued to make condescending comments about me in front of my peers and clients?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">