• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background Check... PLEASE HELP !!READ!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

astroCasto1

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Ok here it is, When i was 12 years old... I asked a neighbor girl to touch my penis...and she did.... Her parents found out about and wernt to thrilled.. My parents me, and them all decided it was just something stupid and young... But down the road they started asking for money... etc... At the age of 18... They thought it would be a good idea to bring it to the police (the neighbors did) for what i did ... 6 years ago. Well i didnt lie about it to the detectives, but i went though court and all... I got convicted of GSI.. Gross Sexual Imposition... I got convicted of it at the age of 18.. I went through counsling and all that.. I wasnt considerd a predator or anything like that.. The Docs said i was fine and just stupid with hormones... Anyway let me get to the point... Ive got my foot in a door for a VERY good job! But im afraid this is gonna hold me back from getting it... Im 19 years old.. and im afraid there gonna see this on the Background check... Are they able to see this ? Will it be shown ? Please help me.. im dying to know..

Sockeye

I'm glad I was a kid back in the 70's- ;)

If they do a criminal background check they will see it.

If they are then I would tell them up front and explain the circumstances. You must have some paperwork from the Dr. stating that you aren't a predator.

If they are likly not to, then don't mention it.

Veronica1228

Am I the only one that can see the Ads in the middle of this page for background checks? Try one of those.

By the way, if this conviction is on your permanent record (and since it happend about a year ago I'm guessing it is) then it probably will come up. Be honest about it from the beginning. If they find out about it later it could be grounds for termination.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
One slight correction to Veronica's statement.

If they find out about it later it could be grounds for termination.

Change that to, If they find out about it later it WILL be grounds for termination.

This assumes that they ask a question either on the application or in the interview to which a truthful, literal answer will mean revealing this incident. It is not necessary to volunteer it if they do not ask about it. But if you lie about it, and I'm talking about lies of omission as well as lies of commission, and get caught (which is far easier than you might think) that is a termination offense.

Many employers will forgive one youthful mistake which has not been repeated. Few if any will forgive being lied to.

astroCasto1

background said...

Ok i clicked on one of the background checks from the goodle adsense.... It said it searches criminals from the DOC (department of corrections), AOC (Administration Office of the Courts), and the DPS, (Department of Public Saftey) In fact ill paste what it says here straight from the website ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Our criminal search includes records from the Department of Corrections (DOC), the Administration Office of the Courts (AOC), and the Department of Public Safety (DPS). DOC data contains records of individuals who have been convicted of felonies from the superior court level and have been sentenced to probation or more than 12 months in prison. AOC and DPS data contains misdemeanor convictions from both the superior and municipal court level.

I checked the ohio department of corrections and i was Not listed on it, i checked the courts system website and did a search on me and it was nothing was found. I forget to mention during the court ****, i was tried as a kid at the age of 12 and not as an adult, Our court system has differnt levels for Your age ... I was in the kids one If that makes sense ? I was 17 when found guilty... Plus im not on any sex offdender websites either ... So.... What would this mean ...?

Also Veronica1228, I asked YOU ALL for the best one to do a background check, those are just ads.

Veronica1228

astroCasto1 said:
Ok i clicked on one of the background checks from the goodle adsense.... It said it searches criminals from the DOC (department of corrections), AOC (Administration Office of the Courts), and the DPS, (Department of Public Saftey) In fact ill paste what it says here straight from the website ...

Our criminal search includes records from the Department of Corrections (DOC), the Administration Office of the Courts (AOC), and the Department of Public Safety (DPS). DOC data contains records of individuals who have been convicted of felonies from the superior court level and have been sentenced to probation or more than 12 months in prison. AOC and DPS data contains misdemeanor convictions from both the superior and municipal court level.

I checked the ohio department of corrections and i was Not listed on it, i checked the courts system website and did a search on me and it was nothing was found. I forget to mention during the court ****, i was tried as a kid at the age of 12 and not as an adult, Our court system has differnt levels for Your age ... I was in the kids one If that makes sense ? I was 17 when found guilty... Plus im not on any sex offdender websites either ... So.... What would this mean ...?

Also Veronica1228, I asked YOU ALL for the best one to do a background check, those are just ads.
I'm sorry. I honestly thought those might help. I guess I should have clicked them myself, huh?

I really don't know the answer to that question, but cbg probably will. Check back again later or tomorrow and hopefully she'll have something for you. However, regardless of the answer she gives, what we were saying before is still true. IF they ask you about priors etc. you need to answer honestly. Lying will get you terminated.

Good luck.

H

honeydripper

Yes they will

undefined :eek:
astroCasto1 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio Yes they will see it if they do conduct a criminal background search. See if you can get an expungemet. That will work ask an criminal attorney, he can help you. especially if the job requires working around children. :mad: :(

Ok here it is, When i was 12 years old... I asked a neighbor girl to touch my penis...and she did.... Her parents found out about and wernt to thrilled.. My parents me, and them all decided it was just something stupid and young... But down the road they started asking for money... etc... At the age of 18... They thought it would be a good idea to bring it to the police (the neighbors did) for what i did ... 6 years ago. Well i didnt lie about it to the detectives, but i went though court and all... I got convicted of GSI.. Gross Sexual Imposition... I got convicted of it at the age of 18.. I went through counsling and all that.. I wasnt considerd a predator or anything like that.. The Docs said i was fine and just stupid with hormones... Anyway let me get to the point... Ive got my foot in a door for a VERY good job! But im afraid this is gonna hold me back from getting it... Im 19 years old.. and im afraid there gonna see this on the Background check... Are they able to see this ? Will it be shown ? Please help me.. im dying to know..

H

honeydripper

Yes they will

Yes they will if they conduct a background check.and especially if you will be working around kids. See if you can get an expungement for the future. You can speak to a criminal attorney about this. :)

H

honeydripper

Wrongful discharge???

was convicted of a misdamenor in 1991, and since I was a minor at the time I
didnt know it was on my record. I later applied with S----- public schools in Michigan
in 2001. They said that I had that record and fired me befor I even got to work
a day or got money. I later got the misdamenor expunged and reapplied in 2005
with Southfield public schools. They hired me and let me work for three days
befor terminating me again. The reason for this was that they said that I
didn't tell them on the application that I worked for them in 2001. I never
made money from them so I really didnt work for them and there is nothing on
the application that asks had I ever applied with them in the past or have I
ever worked for them. I didnt put them down because they didnt ask me to, and I
never worked for them. What can I do? Are they legally right? Are you considered an employee eventhough you never actually worked one day and you received no pay? I dont think so. I applied, but I wasnt hired.

Last edited:
H

honeydripper

was convicted of a misdamenor in 1991, and since I was a minor at the time I
didnt know it was on my record. I later applied with Southfield public schools
in 2001. They said that I had that record and fired me befor I even got to work
a day or ger money. I later got the misdamenor expunged and reapplied in 2005
with Spublic schools. They hired me and let me work for three days
befor terminating me again. The reason for this was that they said that I
didn't tell them on the application that I worked for them in 2001. I never
made money from them so I really didnt work for them and there is nothing on
the application that asks had I ever applied with them in the past or have I
ever worked for them. I didnt put them down because they didnt ask me to, and I
never worked for them. What can I do? Are they legally right? This is in the state of michigan

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, the company I used to use is no longer operating and in my current operation I haven't needed to find a replacement. The only other company (other than the one that closed) that I've ever used is Pinkerton and I'm not sure they do individual checks. It's worth a try, though.

Keep in mind that not all background checks are created equal. Just because whatever check you have performed does/does not show your convication doesn't mean that a check performed by someone else will have the same result.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">