• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beetlegal

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Several years ago, I was involved in a domestic violence marriage. On the day I finally left for good, my ex and I had been fighting. I was so frustrated and tired of being treated negetively that I threw a glass against the wall (venting). When I told him I was leaving, he decided to turn the situation around on me and called the police. The police department told him that he had the right to prevent me from being on the property since the house was in his name only. This happened in a small town in Virginia. The police came to write up a report, but in the mean time, witnessed the end of the argument. My ex got in my face, and I pushed him out of the way stating that I was leaving. I was issued a temporary restraining order.

Now, I am a full-time college student, preparing to enter law school. I have been trying to get a job in the field (security, police departments, state offices) and have been hired, only to later be turned down after the background check. I haven't seen my report, but I am assuming this incident is showing up. I have hospital records to verify that he is the abuser, not me. How can I clear this matter up so that I can get a job? Am I going to be forever haunted by this experience? Do I ever stand a chance of working in the legal profession? To be honest, the fact that this situation with him has even arisen again after this long makes me sick, and I really don't know where to turn. Please help!

usmailman

I can tell you about background checks i have had a few .they are easy to get at your local sherrif office for around 10 bucks. Get your own report and then you will know .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">