• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Experience; Long term effects?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myxo

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

I had a very bad work experience at a hospital several years ago. I worked as a security officer and was never liked by the other security officers or the supervisor. I just wasn't cut out of the "security officer" cloth. So be it.
After much drama and loads of ill-feelings (no pun intended), I was given a choice of being fired or resigning. I resigned. Honestly, there was far more drama and "bad blood" generated at this hospital than I have ever experienced in my entire life.

This is my question:
So, now I'm thinking of pursuing a career in a medical support field and want to know exactly what the prospective employer can ask of my previous employer.

I would be immensely disappointed if this previous employer could single-handedly keep me from ever working in a hospital again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

myxo said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

I had a very bad work experience at a hospital several years ago. I worked as a security officer and was never liked by the other security officers or the supervisor. I just wasn't cut out of the "security officer" cloth. So be it.
After much drama and loads of ill-feelings (no pun intended), I was given a choice of being fired or resigning. I resigned. Honestly, there was far more drama and "bad blood" generated at this hospital than I have ever experienced in my entire life.

This is my question:
So, now I'm thinking of pursuing a career in a medical support field and want to know exactly what the prospective employer can ask of my previous employer.

I would be immensely disappointed if this previous employer could single-handedly keep me from ever working in a hospital again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I read your other thread, and think you may have some dificulity working in the medical field for several reasons. If you are not cut out to be a security officer, there may be some reason for that. If you have dificulties following instructions or problem solving that could affect how you safely work with patients. You also have a history of off the job disability, perhaps accident prone, that could increase the risk to an employer. How do you get along socially? You might want to seek assistance from your state department of rehabiliation to find appropriate work and training before getting your hopes up only to again not find a good fit for employment.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A prospective employer may ask just about anything they want to ask. Your former employer may answer any questions they choose to with the exception of any medical information they may have on you. As long as it is truthful or represents their honest opinion, that's legal.

myxo

Rmet, I appreciate the fact that you showed enough interest in my question to research my previous posts. Thank you for your time and effort. I appreciate your cautionary advice.

And thank you CBG for your response.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">