• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad/late paychecks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bbirdemann

my employer informed me in the interview that the company was turning a profit but paying off old debts. He assured me that there has not been nor will there be a problem with paychecks so I accepted the position. I started in March and since then I've had 1 check bounce and received 3 others late. is there any legal way that we can handle this? For example, today is payday, if the check is not received by me at the end of the day can I not work (with pay) until the check is received?

L

loku

All states have their own rules and laws relating to late pay checks. Your rights depend on the laws of your state. If you post your state, we can probably tell you your rights.

But in the meantime, I don’t know of any state that would allow you to not work until the check is received and still keep your job.

B

bbirdemann

State

Sorry, I'm employed in Houston Texas. any suggestions at what can be done? other than finding another job and I'm doing that too. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">