• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Reference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phishingcoast

What is the name of your state?florida

I was recently asked to resign my position. I worked for the company for over a year and I have been responsible for turning our program around. In January I received a complaint from a client that went directly to the president of the company. I forgot to turn in some paperwork and I knew that I was in a lot of trouble. I admitted to my mistake and some of the higher ups said that they would take care of it. Two days later my boss calls me into her office with our senior administrator and tells me that I can resign or that when our performance review comes up that will note my mistake on my permanent file and then fire me. I was in shock. Anyway they had this case against me and brought up past mistakes that I made in my work, all the mistakes I admitted to at the time. People from other companies have noticed the work that I have done and I was offered other jobs with more pay. I turned down the other jobs because I was staying loyal with the company I was formally with. I am now getting calls about other jobs because they heard that I resigned. I want to be truthfully with my new employers so I tell them what happened. They have all said that the mistakes I made were not worth getting fired over. I have been using my old boss as a reference. The companies that have been calling her have been coming back to me saying “I wish I did not have that conversation with her we really wanted to hire you but we cant now” I am young and I have been working for five years in this field I really don’t want to give up this profession. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">