• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Been suspended, w/o pay, denied unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmgarmon

I was suspended Sept 23, from a job that I have been at for 16 years. The reason they say, is carelessness, and mishandling funds. There was a drop, (envelope of money) that was lost from the register that I was on. I wasn't the only one handling the monies, but it was deemed ultimately my responsibility. I have been suspended pending investigation. I have been off work for almost a month. I have two small children take care of, not to mention rent, utilities, etc. I have been denied unemployment due to the circumstances of the suspension. I am available to work only daytime hours due to the daycare situation. No jobs that I would be qualified for, are for daytime shifts. What am I supposed to do? T suspension could last up to six months, even longer, depending on how long the company wants to draw this out. Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">