• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Before I go further, do I have a case? (contract Security)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

secrecyguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I work for a contract security "Company A". They put me at a job location "Client A" that pay very good. So I work there for almost two years. "Client A" have "Location A" and "Location B".

I have seen other security guards do things that they not suppose to do but I decided to keep my mouth shut about it. For example, using their laptop, listening to their MP3 players with earphones, etc even though the "Company A" said they not suppose to do that.

There was two security guards that comes to work late whenever they car pooled together. "Person A" will drop off "Person B" at "Location A". "Person A" will than call me to go home since "Person A" is on the way to "location B". That usually is about 15 minutes late.

I did them a favor since it's hard for them to get to work on time since they live far away and it's early in the morning.

They no longer come to work late anymore because "Person A" is now on medical leave.

Now here's the problem got started.

I talk to "Person C" telling him that I may come to work late because I have few things I have to do. "Person C" told me that it's ok for me to come to work late as long as I give him a call. That's exactly what I did.

Well, all of a sudden, "Person C" decided to make a complaint about me to "Company A" and complain about it to "Person B". So "Person B" decided to join in and also make a complaint about it to "Company A".

So "Company A" decided that they don't want me to work for "Client A" anymore and remove me from the job location. I end up moving back to my hometown.

I decided to write a letter to "Company A" to make complaints about what was going on at "Client A" and what the security guards are doing over there.

I also show them proof that "Person A" and "Person B" always show up to work late whenever they car pool together by showing data from my GPS phone on what time I left there. There was also another security guard "Person D" who used to work for "Company A" that can verify this since "Person D" have to wait for "Person B" at "Location A".

Now do I have case?

What I want to do is try to remove "Person A" and "Person B" from the job location because if "Person B" wants to make a complaint about me than she have to pay for what she did to me. And even I was only able to remove "Person A" that will be fine with me since they two are very good friends and "Person A" can be mad at "Person B" for what "Person B" did to me.

If the "Company A" refuse to do it, I want to sue them for back pay since those two security guards always show up late.

One final note, "company A" had us sign a paper that we have to go though arbitration first.

Last edited:

secrecyguy

Wow! That was a quick reply... I have to re-edit my post too... I noticed I was repeating myself due to copy and paste...

pattytx

And threatening to file a lawsuit if the company doesn't do what you want could be considered extortion. If you are owed back wages under California law, why don't you just file a wage claim with the DLSE, regardless of whether they let employee-whichever go or not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">