• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being bumped from job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joanbarb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida, I answered an ad in the paper four years ago for a specific job, licensed electriction, full time, monday thru friday and was told the job was for the day shift. There have been several attempts from people in totaly differnt departments to bump me out of the specific job I was hired to do and the shift. The management has alwasy blocked the attempts based on my qualifacations. My question is if someone can convinse management they have the qualifacations can they legaly bump me under florida law? And is there any statues on the books that I can referance?

Thanks

Hot Topic

You mean your job is so good that other people are trying to get it? If a person comes along with better qualifications than yours, sure he or she will get a shot at it unless it's against union rules It's likely that you don't have a contract that obligates the company to keep you on indefinitely.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are a member of a union, then whether or not you can be bumped depends on what your CBA says.

If you are not a member of a union then no law in any state addresses the issue of bumping. So yes, you can be bumped out of your job in that case because no law prohibits it. In any state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">