• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being laid off while pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skysyd

in california, i'm seven months pregnant and my employer wants to, after a year of service, give my responsibilties to others and eliminate me. he has offered 2 months severance pay,paid insurance for 2 months(then cobra will kick in), and recommendation letter if i sign his contract that states i "release any and all claims"including disability. it waives everything but workmens comp and unemployment. after my 2 month severance period i will then give birth and be out of a job. i will have no income because unemployment doesn't cover medical reasons. that's considered a disability. and he'd like me to come in through this sev period to help train the new people that will be doing my job. please help.

G

GINGER COLEMAN

new info, the manager is stating that i can take my 4 medical leave now, and have me sign a different contract stating that i will not come back, in turn for a 1 month of serverance pay. Now that I've gone to the doctor and they have given me the ok to take early maternity leave not stress leave that will cover me until after the delivery & the automatic 6 weeks. The manager states that as a courtesy that they will continue to cover me medically, and allow me to leave for this duration. As if he's doing me a favor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">