• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being let go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mjs22

I was placed on disability June of 1999, I have been under Dr's care since that time. I applied for Social Security benefits and currently awaiting a hearing. On May 1st I received a letter from the Associate Mgr Human Resources stating they had decided I was able to return to work. My options since my office was closed down was to be layed off.I replied with documentation that I was still disabled and under Dr's care and submitted information from my Social Security lawyer and letters from my Drs. I received a reply from my employer yesterday and I quote "despite your contention that you are still disabled" they feel I can return to work and, I quote "accordingly, since I have elected not to enter into discussions regarding my continued employment, my disability leave status has ceased and my employment has been terminated as a voluntary resignation". Is this legal? I feel I have complied with all of their request. And in my reply to my employer I included that I am not issuing a voluntary quit. I reside in California and my company is based out of Detroit, MI. Can you advise what if anything I can do? Thank you

[Edited by mjs22 on 06-07-2001 at 03:13 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">