• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Setup for Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpetuch

NJ At-Will Employee

I currently understand the 'at-will' terms of employment but I will describe my current situation.

I was reassigned in 01/2005 to a new supervisor when the company was taken over.I have had no performance issues in the prior 3.5 years of emplyment and received my annual performance bonus at the maximum percentage.

I was assigned to a project that I wasnt properly trained in and the project manager was very unprofessional and made remarks that were insensitive and inappropriate(I am male, the individual was female) while constantly complaining to my supervisor without my knowledge.I was finally removed from the project after 6 weeks of work by my supervisor who acknowledged that i was not properly trained.

I then was subjected to a period from 4/26 until 10/11/2005 with no major assignments.I had a mid-year review in which no major issues or developemental items were submitted to me in writing or verbally on my review.Around September my supervisor decided to get me some work and assigned me back to work with the individual who had me removed back in April.I reluctantly agreed to take the assignment.

When it was time for my year-end review I was told to add mid-year comments to my review in Decemeber even though I had requested them months ago(I have emails).the comments were negative and presented major issues.I even had to cut and paste them into my review because my supervisor declined to do so.

At my review I was told that I was a "negative" presence in the department,viewed negatively, and that it was my fault that I was not busy because my supervisor was not responsible for obtaining work assignments for me.Finally i was told that I was reported to HR.

I then filed a complaint against my supervisor for creating a 'hostile' work environment using our companys compliance hotline.Under this procedure I am protected against retaliation.

I spoke to an attorney a few days ago and was told that I am being harassed but cannot file suit because they do not meet the guidelines for this by gender(even though my supervisor is female and has had issues for the 2nd year in a row with a reassigned male emploiyee).I was told to submit my resignation effective later in 2006(about 6-9 months into the future) for vesting purposes plus job-seeking - I am less than 6 months shy of vesting, based on the hostile work environment.I asked the attorney what happens if I submit this letter and they tell me to leave that same day or before the established termination date and he said that any such action would be considered retaliation by the company.

My question is:

How do i word the resignation letter and is this a logical approach?

I am in desperate need of help and any information would be of great help.thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
FYI, what you describe does not meet the legal definition of a hostile work environment. You are not protected from retaliation under the law. The fact that your supervisor is of a different gender does not automatically make this gender related. Your attorney has, in essence, told you the same thing.

There is no possible way anyone here can or will advise you how to word a resignation letter. If you need advice on that, your attorney is in a far better position to advise you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">