• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

benefit contract dispute with employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mim arnold

contract stated that annual education $ is prorated per full time equivancy, meaning full time you work 80 hours in a 2 wk. pay peroid, .5 FTE you work 40 hr. in 2 wk. Upon termination notice the employer stated that I owed them $500 since I only work 6 months as full time employee. I said I was never informed that this benefit is also prorated according to length of service. I also found 2 former employees whose education $ weren't prorated according to length of service. The employer is holding my money for the company shares I turned back into them until I refund them the education $. Is it legal for them to do this to me? What is my chance of winning this case in small claim court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">