• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beth I Need You!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aquaholic

What is the name of your state?
MICH

Beth
You cannot even if you tried to forget my miserble exsistence, I am already without a job AGAIN!
I agreed to transfer to another location, and I did not even make 1 day or 1 hour before I lost the job. I went in after being without a job for a little over a week, and I woke up scared and afriad of what others were going to say blah blah blah, but I stood tall and made it in the door, without crying!!
And I met with the Assist. manager, and requested that I switch a day so that I may go have my taxes looked at, she said no problem there were actually too many people on the schdule as it was. She gave me a Friday for that day (Monday to compensate my hours) I shook her hand THANKED her time and again and literally skipped out the door thinking this IS going to work!!

Get this, the very next morning, I wake up and go to my car and the passenger door is open. I look to make sure there is no broken windows and nothing stolen and everything else seemed okay. I turn the ignition and NOTHING!! The lights from the car door being opened all night drained my battery! I do not have any reason to think I left it open, for I do not use the passenger door for NOTHING! SO this HAD to be intentional! I go into the house and call the GM, I have yet to meet my "new" manager and when I went in the day before she was not even expected in until 6 or so. I leave a message on the GM answering machine of my problem and await his call........NOTHING. Day 1

I figuire here we go, they are deliberetly sabbotaging my efforts to go to work. YES, I do consider this a personal attact. I did not call the police, this has never happened before, nothing was even stolen! But, I have to wonder why? WHO? WHEN?
Day 2
So the next day I await to hear from the GM, NOTHING again. I call the GM, and leave a message stating I cannot believe you have not called me back!!!Then I call the station and the manager has already left for the day, I ask for her home number get it call it, and she told me she had talked to the GM and I have been terminated.

I call the Headquarters and explain to Angie, that this is what happened and she now is accusing me of being a ex-employer with an axe to grind. As if all the issues I brought fouth were rumors. I explain to her that the allegations that I made were made LONG before I was terminated, and if I knew to do follow company policy on how and to who to check into with I would have. I never met my manager, therefore I did not feel comfortable explaining to her that I feel as if I am being targeted. Nor, did I know you have to call somebody other then the man I had been dealing with to explain what was happening. I had offered the GM to listen in on a call I was going to make with my manager so that he could hear that these allegations were not rumors but in fact REAL!

I took a recorder to my grievence meeting, and on tape I hear the GM say to me that my manager was to have gone over this so called employee manual/policy with me and explained the things I was unaware of. That was one of the reasons she was finally fored.

So on tape I have a GM, telling me that the manager failed to give me a copy of this handbook/policy, and it was not my fault that I did not know to call in advance if I wanted time off, this was in reguards to the write I recieved before walking off the job, 3 weeks ago. I had asked another employer to relieve me of my shift 1 hour early, the day before I was written up.
Yet, now I have the Headquarters telling me that since I did not comply to these policies when phoning in, I was terminated. I never got the freakin policy!!!!!

I know you know this was never going to end peacefully, yet I thought I could get in a few more months before goiving them a 2 weeks notice and returning to my life as a store owner.

So here I am, in worse shape then ever. Beth, I really cannot believe what is happening. Why, in the world would I consuult you as well as a Civil Rights lawyer about all this to just quit the job, before ever working one day?

The civil lawyer, stated he could possibly get me the wages for the time I lost, yet I asked him not to, since I had to go back to work there, I would ask the GM myself, when the dust settled. I have since informed him of all that has taken place and have not heard from him.

Beth, am I crazy? How can a person that steals, misuses his power, sexually harasses and speaks nothing but trash and racial slurs, drink on the job still have a job, and I am without one? I did not know this policy he has had at least a year or more time on this job to know what not to do, if in the event common sense fails to tell him you do not grinned your penis up against a female employer which happens to be me, tell me that all I need is a good FU_K, he can make my Titties hard, physically bounce off my breast, call people that come in the store NIG%%ers, and he is better equip then them blackasses,etc....tells me what a CU&T my manager was/is, and tell another employer to smoke the Cocaine not in the backroom, but in the bathroom!!

Make me give him smokes he did not pay for, cash in coupons that he saves from the papers for cash...blame the employees that have come and gone for stealing smokes in which just happen to be the smokes he smokes. They tried this on me already too. And more. I did not follow procedure and I am without a job? I never called in a sick day, I came in running at 5 in the morning to allow my manager to go home and get stoned. I even relieved my manager because she was so stoned she could not run the register.

What should I do? PLEASE do not tell me to go on...forget it, it is only a 7.00 job, for me it was so much more than that! It was my independence, my childrens food and clothes money, my store rent IT WAS MY WAY OF MAKING MY WRONGS RIGHT! I was not always so passionate about truth and justice, I have a passion deep in me to do the right thing. I cannot quit now. Beth, I am not failing to not say something nor am I exxageratting.
This is all so very true. I swear it is. PLEASE from one girl to another HELP ME PLEASE! I literally cried myself to sleep for two nights now, knowing I allowed that man to treat me like ****, to look me up and down as if I was nothing but a piece of flesh, because I needed money for my bills, I complained and it got me nowhere, I asked for help in resolving this situation, where nobody would have to loose their job, just have to respect one another for a few hours a day while we were in the same building together.
To know he lost nothing, makes me so sick. What more could I have done? I might as well as sold my A$$ in a strip joint.

I am going to find out what laws I have to follow in order to pickett in front of the building...allowing others to know that this business allows Sexual Harassment, Drug use, Theif and racial slurs yet won't do a damn thing about it, except fire the one that exposes their errors to the community. Can I even do this legally?

Beth3

I don't know who left your car door open but in all honesty, I find it hard to believe it was your employer. There are a number of other ways you could have gotten to work that day, such as asking a friend or neighbor for a ride, taking a taxi, or calling a garage and having them jump your car. It is highly unlikely your employer plottted to keep you from getting to work and if they did, I expect they wouldn't have done something so feeble and so simple to get around. It's more than likely that the person who left your car door open was someone prowling around during the night, looking in cars for things to steal.

If you were sexually harassed and the company failed to properly investigate/resolve the matter and/or you think you were terminated in retaliation for making a SH complaint, then you should file a claim with your State's equal rights division or the federal EEOC. You should discuss this with your attorney.

Picketing in front of the building is a very poor idea. It's going to make you look bad, not the employer. I suggest you apply for unemployment benefits and then focus your efforts on getting a new job. Register with a temporary staffing agency if there are any in your area. I also suggest you seek some professional counseling. You've been through some difficult things and having a qualfied professional help you sort them out and move on would likely be a great help to you. Good luck.

aquaholic

Professional help?
Where would that come in at? Now I feel like I am nuts...perhaps I am.
Getting to work was not the problem, being allowed into work was the problem. I fear these people, I did not want to go in until after I told the GM what was happening and have his okay to go in.

I have one of them poratble battery chargers, after a few hours of recharging the charger, I was good to go. It was not that simple to find somebody at 5 in the am to assist me in jumping the car. I cannot see why any person would want to drain a battery. I thought if it was not work related, it was a person who got caught in the middle of ripping off my stereo. No big deal, nothing locking my doors could not prevent.

I have contacted EEOC and I just filed for Unemployment on Monday....I have a date to appear next month. The EEOC and I have not discussed this since the last falling out.

Sorry if I have involved you or wasted your time. Thank you for your help.
Best to you and your also!

Beth3

I was not implying you are nuts or anything of the kind. What I do think is that you have been and are under a lot of stress and talking to a professional counselor/therapist can't do anything but help.

aquaholic

Beth
I really have heard everything you have always stated. Your opinion means a lot to me and to say that I do not think this has effected me both mentally as well as financially would be a lie.

I can understand now, why people do go back into the work place and try to do harm. It is a ugly place to be, especially when your intentions were only to do GOOD. I never ever wanted this to come to what it has. It makes facing people in this community a task. Employment is so hard to come by nowadays, but especially more difficult with my history. I have to work harder and with a better attitude then my co-employees from here on out. It is something I did to myself. I can live with that.

I am not homicidal, nor have I ever considered harming another person. I do have a tendency to take things very personal. I do not have a healthy support system other then places such as this. But, I will continue on with this mission, only because I think it is unfair. Not to get money or a job back...but I would go back to work in a New York mintue. I am sure that is not ever ever going to be an option.

I so badly just wanted to be heard and perhaps appreciated. Nobody owes me kindness nor respect, yet I feel if I let this go it will be myself I disrespected the most.

I have a meeting with a civil rights lawyer at the end of the week, and after that I will Let go let God.....
Thanks again for taking the time to just hear me out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">