• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this binding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shawn_lost

What is the name of your state? KY
Employment state: CT

Hi this is a follow up to an earlier post of mine, I would really be thankful to anyone who could tell me if the below written part of the offer letter is legally binding. I have accepted this offer letter from a firm A and have also signed it, but I want to work for this firm B where I think I will have a better career in the future. And based on this offer letter can the firm A sue me. I am worried any help will be appreciated.

Thanks again

"Your anticipated date of start is end of April 2006. A valid work permit or proof of residency and completion of degree will be required prior to start of work. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

You will be entitled to the various benefits offered by the firm to all full time employees in accordance with the firm's policy. Your medical insurance will be efffective from June 1st 2006.

XXX has agreed to assist you in getting your VISA status changed.

We request that you return a signed copy of this letter as an acceptance of this employment offer. Please contact me if there are any questions. We look forward to a mutually rewarding association."

Beth3

That is nothing more than a job offer. It is not an employment contract. If you want to tell firm A you've changed your mind and wish to decline their offer, go ahead.

Beth3

Not that I recall but it's possible. I reply to a lot of questions on various boards over the course of the day.

shawn_lost

I am sorry guys for repeating myself, but I thought if I had the words of the letter shown to somebody there would be a clear answer to my questions. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for all the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">