• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BiPolar Disorder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

teacher

I am a teacher at a catholic school, in September 2000 I signed a 1 year contract. In Oct. I was hospitalized for my disorder. I was told that if I do not return to my classroom by the 23rd of Oct. my teaching position will no longer be held for me. Can they legally do this? I live in the state of New Jersey. Thank you.

D

D. D. Lessenberry

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by teacher:
I am a teacher at a catholic school, in September 2000 I signed a 1 year contract. In Oct. I was hospitalized for my disorder. I was told that if I do not return to my classroom by the 23rd of Oct. my teaching position will no longer be held for me. Can they legally do this? I live in the state of New Jersey. Thank you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not a lawyer, just a person. Check the terms of your contract: if you are only allowed 10 sick days, they possibly can. However, go to free advice home page and search state statutes. Perhaps BPD is a disability. Do NOT search for public school laws, as they will not apply.

This is just advice, not legal advice. Good luck!

------------------
I *don't* have an attitude, even if my writing makes me look like I do

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">