• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

black list/ harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toogie3755

What is the name of your state Texas
I was employed at *** medical Center an HCA hospital in a department that was constantly dealing with administration changes and departmental issues. In 2006 I worked in this department and took leave due to the birth of a child. When I left my department had no manager and an administrative assistant was in charge of the department. 8 weeks into my maternity leave I received a call from Terri stating that she was the new department director and that she needed my availability to make a schedule. I explained to her that my infant was sick and I was nit sure when I would be able to return and she told me that If I could not schedule myself that I would have to be taken off the payroll per hospital policy. I turned in my notice and was told by HR that when everything was ok with my son to come back for employment.
I have gone back to work with an HCA agency and am eligible to work at all HCA hospitals in my area. Upon trying to schedule my self at Kingwood, my new employer (an HCA company employer) is told that I was made a DNR (do not return) and I cannot return to Kingwood because I left on bad terms and did not fulfill my PRN contract and that I was bad mouthing the new department director. I explained to my new employer that this was false information and the reason I left was for maternity reasons. I never even met the new director and the only communication I had with her was a phone call. My new employer told me I could work at any other HCA hospital in the area but I could not go to Kingwood until I cleared up any misunderstanding with them and my name was taken off the DO NOT RETURN LIST (a LIST KEPT BY THE STAFFING COORDINATOR OF NURSES NOT TO BE ALLOWED TO WORK EVEN THEY ARE EMPLOYED BY HCA AND ARE ALLOWED TO WORK AT ANY OTHER HCA HOSPITAL) I turned in a dispute to the kingwood huma resource department and the dispute is being reviewed. The HR department was not aware of any Do Not Return list or policy's.
Here is the dispute information I submitted
September 30, 2009

To whom it may concern,
I am writing this in response to information that was given to my current employer that is not true and has defamed my character.
In 2006 I resigned from my position at your facility for no other reason than giving birth and having to take care of a sick newborn.
When I left my department had no manager and was under the direction of Meagan from nursing administration. At some point during my leave Te was placed as the new director of the department I worked in. Around 8 weeks into my maternity leave Tecalled me and stated that I needed to schedule myself to work. I explained to her that I had a sick infant and I was not sure when I would be back . She stated that I would have to schedule myself in order to stay on the payroll per hospital policy. I thought FMLA covered 12 weeks, but went ahead a resigned because of my infant’s illness. I have never met, had any other dealings with Terri Alba other than this phone conversation.
Upon trying to return to the Kingwood facility I was told by my current employer that I would not be able to return because My former boss Terri said I was not able to fulfill my previous PRN agreement and that I was talking negatively about her or the department. This is not true. I have never even met this person and I left for a totally different reason than she is stating. Upon turning in my notice to personal I was even encouraged to return once everything was OK with my son.
I don’t know why Mrs. has made these accusations about me and hope to resolve this matter. I have never left an employer on bad terms and now my current employer is told that I have a black mark on my record for something I did not do.
Kingwood Medical Center
Human Resource Department

Please attach this document to the dispute that was submitted for review on September 30, 2009 for legal documentation purposes.

September 1, 2009 I Tricia was hired by All About Staffing (HCA) agency staffing and had chosen Kingwood Medical Center as the facility I would like to be staffed at. I live close to the facility and previously had worked there and was looking forward to returning to the facility. My previous employment with Kingwood was verified with Human resources and I was clear to work at the facility. I completed my orientation at All about Staffing On Friday, September 18, and could now schedule myself to work. Upon trying to schedule myself to work
The staffing coordinator Wan indicated to the All About Staffing staffing department that I was on DNR list and could not return to Kingwood . It is my understanding that a DNR status is given when a nurse is found incompetent to carry out the duties of which they are hired for. I have been a nurse since 1999 and have worked at multiple hospitals and have never been deemed as incompetent.
he

Friday, September 18th, 2009 I had the staffing department call Kingwood to set up my orientation and Wan was to call the staffing department back with approval for me to orientate. The staffing department was never contacted with approval or disapproval by Wanda.

Monday, September 28th, 2009 I got a call from Patty , the All about Staffing Human Resource Director and was told that I was on a DNR (do not return list) and I would not be able to return to Kingwood because I left on bad terms and was bad-mouthing my department and my boss Terri . This information came from Wa the staffing coordinator. I explained to Patty that the reason I left was I had a baby and I had planned on returning until my son became very ill and that I had never worked for Terri . Pi verified that the reason given as to why I left was not matching the reason that Wa had told her. Pa told me that there was nothing she could do and that I would have to clear up my (DNR) status with Kingwood Medical Center before I could be scheduled to work there. She suggested I call W or T to resolve the problem.

Tuesday, September 29th, 2009 I called Wato verify the reason I was listed a DNR and was told by Wanda that Terri made the decision and the reasons were I did not fulfill my PRN obligation and that I was bad mouthing the department. I explained to her that the reasons given were false accusations and that I had never had any dealings with Te while I was an employee at Kingwood. I questioned Wanda as to why Te would make accusations about me that were not true especially since she didn’t know me and had never worked with me and Wa stated… She knows who you are. When I asked how she knew me, Wa did not have a response. While I have never met or had any interaction with Terri A, other than a phone call from her while I was out on maternity leave I did communicate with Wanda in regard to staffing issues only.

Wednesday, September 30,2009
Naturally upset with the fact that I am deemed an incompetent nurse with a DNR status for reasons that are false I met with the director of the Kingwood Human Resource department and was told she would have to investigate the matter and get back with me.

Thursday, October 1,2009
I was informed that this same situation occurred to another co-worker and her name was taken off of the DNR list, she was allowed to work at Kingwood, and then the employee was put back on the list by Wanda the staffing coordinator with no explanation as to why.

After consulting with the Ethics committee and the State Board of Nursing I feel that I have been retaliated against for reasons that I cannot answer. The only person that I had interactions with on a continual basis prior to leaving Kingwood is the staffing coordinator Wanda Chalk. Those interactions were for staffing purposes only and never had anything to do with my competency as a nurse. Upon trying to return everything was cleared with Human resources and the issue of DNR status did not occur until Wanda Chalk was notified for me to be scheduled. This being said, it appears that Wanda Chalk has the authority to place a person on a DNR or to give input to directors as to who goes on the DNR list. Wanda repeatedly told me that Terri made the decision and she did not know what basis the decision was made on. I worked hard in school to get my RN license and have proved to be a good ethical employee at every job I have had. In the 10 years of my nursing career my nursing ethics as well as my performance as a nurse has never been questioned. Being on a list that implies that I am not a good employee and I am incompetent as a nurse is very upsetting to me has put my nursing reputation up for question.

After talking to several of my old co-workers I am told that all the nurses that worked at the time in question under the new management were placed on a list, and would not be able to return. It appears since I was employed during that time frame, and even though I was off for maternity and never worked under the new manager I was included in that list.
What can I do to get my name off of this list?

October 1, 2009 talked with Human Resource director and was told the matter was still being investigated. I was told that the dispute had nothing to do with my nursing ability.

October 13th, 2009 was told that Human Resource director was in a meeting and could not see me.
October 14th, 2009 After no response I called and was told by the human resource director that they had made a decision not to let me return on the basis of the alleged rumors that I was talking about the facility made by a person I have never met or worked with and that the door was not being shut and to maybe try again in 3 months. I explained that I felt it was a wrong/unethical decision and was told I could take it up with All About Staffing my current employer, and that I could work at the other HCA facilities.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

Your post is entirely too long, and you need to edit out names. If someone makes a link to some of the names and puts two and two together, you could find yourself in some legal hot water.

phase08

Ditto what the other member said. Way too long, and you need to take out name of company, etc. IMMEDIATELY.

automan1500

Nurse Blacklisting

Hi Tricia,

I am an RN in Kingwood/Atascocita with a similar problem compared to yours. Can you reply to this post and maybe we can contact each other so we can try and prevent this possible illegal activity from happening to anyone else. Blacklisting is illegal and violates Texas Antitrust law. I am pursuing this vigorously and I have filed a legal action in State Court regarding my issues. What I need is any and all emails, faxes, recorded conversations, or even an affidavit (statement) from you about the conversations you have had with both the hospital and staffing agency regarding the do not send list/ do not return list.

OHRoadwarrior

**************..... and don't pick a post that is over 4 years old. Further you do not seem to understand the concept of blacklisting.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">