• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blackmail/Sorry, another question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kat20

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Ok..I'll try to sound not so upset but i want to ask a question maybe somebody knows...We were told by a friend who used to do hiring/firing at another company for her to file for unemployment...when unemployment is filed for, the company is contacted and have to prove the reason behind the firing..yes?? Or does unemployment take the word of the company?? He said that if the company cannot prove the reason was valid then she could get benefits...Is this right??? Hope this makes sense...but...if and i say if, because i am not too confident in getting anywhere good right now...but if the unemployment people find blackmail invalid does that not give her a way to get it off of her record??? Thats really all she wants....Just an added thing here...when she filed for unemployment on the phone, the woman of course asked the reason for the firing...when she told them it said blackmail, the woman laughed and said you have to be kidding...sure hope they all feel that way....Thanks....and see...i am calming down....lol....

K

krispenstpeter

Post this back with your original thread and you'll receive an answer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">