• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boss Fired me,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaelj1981

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Back in Feb i transferred to another business owned by the same one as i worked for in another town. The new boss has been very unprofessional. When i hurt myself at work, she didn't file a report till i threated to report cuz i needed medical attention, then i lost work cuz she wouldn't go by the doctors orders. She has been verbal abusive, making sexist comments, she screamed at me last week, when i was doing a job, costomers were present i told her not to scream at me and talk to me normal there was no need to talk to me like that, she has placed her hands on me and told me to shut up and knock it off. Then today i went into work, she asked me about last friday what happened, i told her nothing, I told her i take public transportation which she new and i had to leave by 9:20pm to walk downtown to get the bus and leave for my place by 9:45 and the boss wouldn't let me leave so i had to walk 1 hr and 30 mins home. SHe told me she was sick of my attude and she is done and fired me. The only time i have ever gave a attude was when she was being disrespectful in a manner of plain rude, such as screaming or laying her hands on me, or making comments that one shouldn't make in a work place. Personally i think she fired cuz i wasn't gonna put up with her attude and i stood up for myself. They also have been smoking in teh building and in minnesota they have a ban on that. So what should i do,

Pacer41

I guess the only thing you can do is contact the Department of Health and advise that the business is non-compliant with the state smoking regulations.

Beth3

File for unemployment benefits and start looking for a new job. Hopefully, your next boss won't be crazy. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">