• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boxed In

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?California

I'm planning to move out next year when my lease expires. Since I have a number of health problems, it would be easier for me to start packing things now rather than try to do everything at once. If I were to do so, could my landlord take it as "giving notice" even though I have a lease and have not given them the required 30 days notice in writing?

Whoops! Wrong "department"!

eerelations

How would your landlord even know that you'd packed things in boxes in your apartment? Or why you'd done so? I often pack things in boxes in my apartment and

1. my landlord doesn't know about it
  2. it's not necessarily because I'm moving.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?California

I'm planning to move out next year when my lease expires. Since I have a number of health problems, it would be easier for me to start packing things now rather than try to do everything at once. If I were to do so, could my landlord take it as "giving notice" even though I have a lease and have not given them the required 30 days notice in writing?

Whoops! Wrong "department"!
Your LL is welcome to think anything they want, but until they get that 30-day notice in writing, it isn't proper legal notice and it doesn't count.

You Are Guilty

I think your question has been adequately answered, but I wanted to say that had the competition for the best post title still existed, you'd be a shoo-in.

Good luck with your move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">