• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sali

What is the name of your state? NJ

After not getiing paid by my employer, even for my unpaid vacation balance I send a resign to my employer in good faith.
In retaliation my employer sent a letter through his attorney that I breached the employement contrcat by not providing him proper notice of 6 weeks which was agreed upon in the employment contract. Failing to do so I have to pay him $4800 as re-location expensis.
Now the contract says that I have to pay re-location expensis plus liquidated demages if I do not give 6 weeks notice prior to leaving & the conditions are as follows:
My service with the cleint is less then one Yr.
My project is not overed.

Now my service with employer is more then one yr exactly it was 1 yr & 8 months.
Also my project was over in April, 03 & I resigned on 31st july, 03.
I was also not paid for the period I stayed on bench.

Now did I breached the contract or my employer did?
Also am I liable to pay him the asked amt of $4800?
Or I should persue the case in the court of law & will get my unpaid vacation balance plus the bench paid for which I was not paid?
Will I be compensated by my lost wages & attorney/Court expensis which I spend to attend court in that case?

Thanks for your advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">