• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

izzy73

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I am a resident of New York and recently signed a contract committing to 7 weeks of summer employment in South Carolina. Upon my arrival, I was informed by a co-worker that due to a withdrawl of corporate sponsorship, our employment had been shortened to 4 weeks. Apparently an email with information of the change had been sent out to all employees one month ago however, I did not receive it. I am now being asked to sign a new contract (dated the day of my arrival in South Carolina) stating the new 4 week employment and that I will be paid a meager compensation. Is my employer permitted to demand a new contract from me, without properly informing me that the old contract is no longer valid? Had I been informed one month ago of this change, I would have made alternative arrangements to secure summer employment for myself. I am now unemployed until September.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Maybe you can answer a question for me.

How is it, that so many people expect us to be able to comment on the enforceability of contracts we have not read?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">