• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Douglas Betts

I live in colorado and own a home that is included in a homeowners association. on 11-08-00 I signed a contract for the position of groundskeeper and maintenance at the rate of ten dollars per hour, the contract states in the first paragraph that I am employed by the homeowners association. In the second paragraph my employment dates are 11-01 to 4-30-00 to include shoveling porches and walks when a snowfall of one inch or more occurs. No time period for pay ment is outlined in this paragraph, However it took 15 days to recieve payment after being mailed. also the president of the association likes to harasse me when I walk by his home(he happens to be my neighbor)on when he thinks an inch of snow has fallen even though I use the local news and a tape measure as a reference. This has happened twice now, and this third time of harassment came when a notice was sent to the association saying I considered the contract null and void due to lack of payment. He came to my home on the 29th of december to harasse me again, because I don't believe they have a legal leg to stand on he told me my truck needed to be removed from the parking area, I own a 2000 ford F350 with dual wheels he stated that it didn't fit in spaces provided and that he has had a lot of complaints about it , it does fit quite well I took pictures as proof and also took pictures of other vehicles who stradle the lines provided on a constant basis whom he never bothers and thier vehicles are half the size of mine. we are allowed two vehicles per household one is my truck the other is my wifes car thats why I feel this is blatant harassaement now I am told I am a sub contractor even though the contract stats I am employed by them , and now they tell me I need comp and liability insurance or I am in breach of contract. The bills sent to the association were on my masonry companies letterhead. What should I do to stop this and how is the best way to document these occurences. this association and this man are making
myself and my family very uncomfortable in my own home.Please point me in the right direction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">