• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of contract/discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdavis

NY state. if in an employment offer/acceptance letter it specifically states that the new hire will be contacted by the personnel dept. for "processing" and the personnel dept.
never contacts the new hire, thus causing the new hire not to know or have the documents necessary for processing, which then leads to the employer withdrawing their offer. has the employer breached the contract? furthermore, if the employer verbally agrees to an extension so new hire can secure necessary documentation, then refuses to accept legally sufficient documentation as per omb form appendix c I-9 form, has that employer then discriminated against the new hire as stated in the anti-discrimination clause on that form?

L

loku

An employment offer by itself is not a contract. If you bound yourself by signing an acceptance of the offer, then they would be bound on their offer. If they were so bound, then they could be in breach of contract. If you had signed nothing, then they were not bound by their offer and so they are not in breach of contract.

As for their not accepting legally sufficient documentation as per the OMB form appendix, then I think they have discriminated as stated in the clause on that form.

So what you can do is report this to the OMB.

J

jdavis

thanks

thanks for the response. Yes, the offer was signed and returned, which caused my resignation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">