• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Victor Fong

I accepted a job offer with the signing of the job package document by me and the hiring executive. I was informed to quick my current job, find residency and I did. Now four days before starting the new job, I have been told I will not be hired due to the low business market.

Is this document that the hire executive and I signed considered a hiring contract? The document entails salary, benefits vacation,etc. I will be out of a job in three days.

Do I have a case in this or at least have a right to some kind of salary compensation?

I am in a very tight position with unemployment and relocation. Please advise ASAP ([email protected]). Thank you.

JETX

What you probably have is an job 'detail sheet' showing the details of an offered job (hours, salary, etc.). This is NOT a contract. Two things missing are: (1) a specific lenght of employment term, and (2) a space for your signature of acceptance and return.

V

Victor Fong

Where does this leave me with regards to not being able to reverse the job I'm quiting from. I quick and moved because of this document signed by hiring executive and me, hand shake and phone confirmation.

A company can't simply hire me, congradulate me and then cancel the offer after they told me to relocated and quit my job.

What is the purpose of signing the document, asking me to relocate and telling me to give a quiting notice.

I would not have quit if they hadn't welcome me into the company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">