• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach Of Verbal Contract????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fairyclass

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Where do I begin??? About 3 weeks ago my Executive Director and Administrator for the organization that I work for asked me if I would like to accept a position as the Human Resources Mananager. I am currently the Director of Residential Services. They explained that I would not have any pay cut, as long as I remained on the emergency on call rotation, for the agency. They stated that this would give me a new challenge, and seeing how my degree is a BBA in management, it would be more of my expertise. I accepted the position. There were no written acceptance, as the organization is VERY small, and informal in many degrees. Well, the co. hired from within a person to take my current position. I am to train them. I was out last week for a minor surgery, which they were aware of, and approved prior to me going out. During my time off I contacted the office on occasions to check in and ensure that I did not need to follow up on anything. I got back this Monday. At 5pm, (Monday), I was asked to come into meet with the Executive Director and Administrator. I went in, and was surprised to be presented with a Corrective Action Plan. This Plan listed out several items that they were unhappy about. Among these items listed was I "talked about my personal life too much." Upon asking what they were talking about I was informed I talked about my baby too much, and that others in the office have been complaining, and that "they have a life too." I was then informed that I seemed no longer committed to the organization... And, of course, directly after this conversation, I was told that when I was out I contacted the office 2-3 times per day, and althought I thought this was helpful, it was distractful, and the others in the office did not have time to socialize. I was counseled on abscentism and tardiness as well, which I have never been spoken to before. Well, to make a longer story shorter, at the end of this Correction Plan I was presented with there was a BOLD paragraph that stated that I have been offered the position of Human Resources Manager, but to make this new position a reality I needed to show a happy median! (Exact terminology) It went on to say that "Although Janet had requested she stay at her current salary, upon further review of the work load of this new position, it does not justify the current salary." I was then told verbally I would be decreased 6k per year in my annual salry. I was told to sign the Action Plan, or I would be suspended for 3 days, however I CAN WRITE a rebudel. Oh yes, and the Executive Director also stated that she feels I am torn between feeling guilty about not being home with my baby because I have to work... To top of this hand dipped sundae, the Executive Director (AKA Owner) interviewed and offered her other daughter (1st daughter already works here) a receptionist position.. which never existed before. Today I asked for a copy of my Corrective Plan of Action, and I was ignored, and another topic was brought up... I am sorry to have written such a long forum, but I am at a loss here... Please!!! Tell me what I have here! Thanks dearly!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">