• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of verbal contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laidoff

I work for a manufacturer's representative firm headquartered in California and several locations. The main company we represent I'll call "XYZ Corp". We represent XYZ for commissioned sales. XYZ asked us to merge with another firm and expand to Colorado. We were told that once this was done, we would receive a three year contract to represent them. Based upon that, I moved to Colorado to open this location under the existing 1 year contract which expires 9/30/01. We merged (legally) with the other firm. We have now been notified that XYZ will no longer use manufacturer's representatives and that we will be terminated at the end of the existing contract. We only had verbal commitments to the three year contract. I do believe that some former management level employees of XYZ would acknowledge the verbal commitment. Do we have a case for loss of future (2 years) income, cost of move, etc.???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">