• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brokerage firm mandating use of their services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RedLeg

I live in TEXAS and I'm considering an employment offer from a non-banking subsidiary of a fortune 500 commercial banking firm. They are mandating that all employees that hold personal assests in a non-company brokerage account move those funds to a company brokerage account. They also require the same of an employee's spouse (non-employee) if they too have a brokerage account else where. This cannot be a legal practice can it?!?!? How can they dictate where an individual maintains their personal funds? I'm just very curious and would like to hear some feedback on this, this can't be right.

anteater

The OP is kind of vague about exactly what business this is. If it is securities-related, this kind of requirement is very common for compliance reasons.

RedLeg

Yes, the company is a broker-dealer, part of the private client services group of Wells Fargo. Thanks for the input everyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">