• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bureau of Motor Vehicles, "Just Cause" Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fisherwm054

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I was terminated Nov.30, 2005 for "Not following the directive to perform expediting function" (Start date: June 27th,1992 Part-time as a customer service representative. Full Time: August 1992. Worked my way up and became manager March 10, 1997. Clean record, no issues with previous regional manager for 8 years, several accomplishments & a lot of compliments through the years)
On Nov. 22, 2005 the regional manager visited the branch when I was off on a pre-approved vacation (by her). My Asst. Manager wasn't following two policies/procedures. One: Not expediting and Two: Associates were not standing when greeting their customer/s.
Two weeks/daily, prior to taking Thanksgiving week off, I implied the importance of expediting to every associate, especially asst.manager.
Why wasn't the asst. manager responsible in my absence?

Additional Information:
Nov.01, 2005, I stopped by her office to meet her for the first time and tell her what my doctor said. Nov.08,2005 she came to my branch, wrote me up for not expediting and suggested that I might want to check out my options, like stepping down. Then I'm terminated Nov. 30th for something I had no control over. How just is that?

Last edited:

Beth3

How just is that? The issue isn't whether it was fair - the issue is whether, as a DMV employee, there is any regulatory requirement in place that defines "just cause" and/orwhether there is any formal internal review process you can appeal the termination decision to. No one here would know that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">